Baja tomorrow

How strange it is that in my journey I am flanked by a terribly burning wildfire to the north, and a tropical storm/hurricaine to the south? What is up with that?

I plan to stay safely in between.

Tomorrow morning I will journey through the Tecate border crossing and 45 miles south to Valle de Guadalupe for two days and nights of good food, artisan made wines, and a nice place to rest (lavilledevalle.com).

There have been many concerns from my family who are worried about the dangers of Baja Mexico. I have done much research and feel that I am not taking much of a risk, especially once I arrive at my destination. I am, however, aware of the possibility of people trying to flag me down on the road, feigning emergency, of the Federales being jerks and rutted, pot-holed highways that look from google earth to be smooth sailing.

I am careful though, and will be doing more spitting than sipping (those of you winos know what I mean). Dinner is planned at Laja for tomorrow night, a restaurant that some say rival Chez Panisse (really?), and is a 15 minute drive from our Inn.

Good thoughts are welcome though, for no weirdos, no strange uncontrollable happenings, and a relaxing time to be had by all! Thanks for reading and more from the hotel tomorrow eve...

Comments

Popular Posts